5 Wedding Ideas To Have An Unique Wedding That No One Will ForgetComments Off on 5 Wedding Ideas To Have An Unique Wedding That No One Will Forget
By Aleks Blife
The wedding is one of the happiest moments in a person’s life. When you are planning yours, you just know that it is special. However, unless it stands out in a way or another, for most of the guests it might be just another wedding they attend and they won’t remember much of it a few months later.
There are unique wedding ideas that can make yours shine and become a spectacular event not only for the bride and groom, but for each and every guest.
Here are some useful wedding ideas to transform yours from a regular wedding into an unforgettable event for everyone:
1. Pick a theme. Themed weddings are always fun and a great source of unique wedding ideas. Talk with your future spouse and brainstorm together. While your own preferences are always the most important, don’t forget to try to take into account the guests as well. For example, you can’t go for a new movie if most guests will be elderly persons and won’t know what is happening.
The theme can relate to anything within reason so you can be as creative as you wish. If you can afford to splurge a bit, you can include impressive decorations or performances.
If you are mostly interested in outdoor wedding ideas, themes can be even more fun outside as you can include balloons, inflatable cartoons or various games. More space also means a good opportunity to add more decorations such as personalized chalkboards, bouncy castles.
2. Engage the guests. Organise a few activities for them to feel like they are really actively participating to the event. You can get some beautiful memories while you are at it too.
Place a bowl with pens and beautifully designed pieces of paper on each table. Ask your guests to write you a message or to share their favorite memory with one of the newlyweds.
If you have musically gifted guests, you can ask them to sing a song or to play their instruments a bit while your band or DJ is having a break. Also, if you are keen on someone’s talents such as dancing, stand-up comedy or gymnastics, you can plan special performances.
No matter what you pick, make sure that no one is forgotten and that everyone gets to participate in an active way, even the elderly persons or the children.
3. Make the guests feel important. Take a while to write personalized notes. Handwritten ones will be the most appreciated. Share your thoughts on this day or just make random comments about your relationship to let them know how much you care about them.
If you are having a hard time opening up and sharing your feelings, you can just write a message that will indicate nice memories. For example ‘Alice, thank you for being there with me from rags to riches’ or ‘Johnny, you will always be my brother from another mother’.
However, if you are running out of time or you simply don’t have the inspiration to write a message to everyone, a standard card to thank them for joining the wedding will do the trick. Choose an elegant font and an exquisite design for the card to become a small gift.
4. Customize the entire event. Don’t try to copy someone else’s wedding, especially if you are on a budget. From engagement rings facts to the tiara, everything should be personal and according to your liking.
If there are wedding ideas that you really enjoy, try to add a personal touch. The event doesn’t have to be particularly fancy or pricey. A bit of extra time and effort can make a huge difference.
You can use personal family photos as decorations or tie the napkins with ribbons in your favorite colour. Bring a funny photo stand-in or include mini versions of your favorite foods instead of main dishes.
Get bold and don’t stick to eating or dancing the whole evening. Still, whatever you choose to do, make sure that it is fun and that it won’t be regarded as offensive or that it won’t make any guest remember an unpleasant event.
5. Don’t stress out about it. Last but not least, don’t transform your special moments into a highly stressful event. You will only end up obsessing over each and every detail. Also, the chances to be disappointed raise significantly if you want everything to be perfect. Admit that you can’t control everything and just enjoy yourself.
At the end of the day, no matter how flawless everything might turn out to be, the guests might only remember how stressed out and uncomfortable you have been the whole day. A genuine smile is often worth more than exquisite details.
Join to my fashion and jewellery blog http://jewelryblog.co.uk/